Immersive Wilderness Advanced First Aid Snowshoe Course
December 11 @ 8:00 am - December 13 @ 5:00 pm
Canadian Outdoor Medical Consulting has partnered with Callaghan Country to bring you a WAFA Training Course, held in the Callaghan Backcountry while staying at the infamous Journeyman Lodge. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR SPOT!
With professional guidance and training, this is the ultimate opportunity to complete your Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA) in a true wilderness environment!
This course focuses on the basics of managing life and limb threats in remote environments, while you are in a real remote environment, with a focus on the injuries common to various outdoors sports. The training also includes prevention and treatment of common environmental problems like hypothermia and heat-related illnesses, as well as covering common medical emergencies, choking, drowning and includes a CPR-C certification from the LifeSaving Society.
- Guided ‘Walk & Talk’ Snowshoe trek to and from Journeyman Lodge with integrated on-snow learning opportunities
- 3-Days of training with unique ‘In-the-field’ breakout modules and practice sessions
- A 40hr Wilderness Advanced First Aid Certificate & a CPR-C Certificate upon Successful Completion
- 2-Nights of off-the-grid accommodation at Journeyman Lodge
- All meals for each night booked (après-ski appetizers & a 3-course dinner, with a continental breakfast & bagged lunch + hot & cold non-alcohol beverages)
- Return luggage transfer service (40lbs per guest + an extra set of equipment scheduled for Noon from base to lodge, 10:30am from lodge back to base)
- Use of lodge amenities including our Scandinavian Sauna, guest toboggans, & snowshoes
*These prices DO NOT INCLUDE personal equipment, liquor service, gratuities, Trip Cancellation/Interruption or Emergency Medical Insurance.